Partly in response to the decision of the Dutch Rowing Federation on Wednesday the 11th of March, the following measures have been taken for the Heineken Roeivierkamp with regard to the coronavirus:
- The organization follows the health measures of National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM).
- The competition organization requests participants to adhere to the applicable anti-infection protocols. Additional facilities for washing hands will be made available by the organization.
- Wash your hands regularly.
- Cough and sneeze in the inside of your elbow.
- Use tissue paper.
- No shaking hands.
- If possible, we advise competitors to shower at home in stead of at the rowing clubs.
- In addition, we request anyone who has symptoms such as fever and cough to limit contact with others and, if advised by the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, to contact a GP or Municipal Health Services.
- The weigh-in for lightweight rowers and mates will take place in adjusted form, in order to reduce the busyness that normally arises. More information will be announced on Thursday, by e-mail to the contacts of the teams.
- Finally, the organization follows the Dutch Rowing Federation in its decision to urgently request rowers living in North-Brabant and members of associations from North-Brabant not to participate in the Heineken Roeivierkamp in accordance with the advice of the NOC*NSF.
The organization is in close contact with the Municipality of Amsterdam, the Municipal Health Services of Amsterdam and the Dutch Rowing Federation. For now, in part based on statements made by the mayor of Amsterdam, we expect the competition to take place. If, in the coming days, the situation changes in such a way that the competition can’t take place, this will be announced by e-mail to the participants and via the website and social media.
For further questions regarding the coronavirus and the Heineken Roeivierkamp, please contact the secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.